So, I’ve managed to write this blog post within the first two months of the year (just) which isn’t too bad going haha. After my latest post which was a review of 2018 I’ve decided to set a few goals I want to achieve this year, so without further ado I’m just gonna get straight into it.
- This year I have quite a few blog orientated goals with the first one being to launch a brand-new blog design and go self-hosted. At the moment I’m currently hosting my blog through WordPress which massively limits me with how my blog looks and it drives me crazy, so I definitely need to go self-hosted and achieve this goal!
- Whilst we’re on the topic of my blog, I also want to make sure I spend more time on it this year and improve it by creating more content that I love.
- For my third goal of 2019 I’m revisiting a goal I set myself last year, and that’s to learn to drive. I’ve decided that this year I just want to get learning to drive out of the way with, because knowing me I’ll leave it too late and regret it.
- Number four is to visit somewhere new. I want to make this a goal every year as I think it’s important to visit at least one new place a year as the world is so big with so many places to explore.
- Read at least 1 book a month. I need to make sure I actually read more this year as I enjoy it and it’s a much better way to relax than watching tv or going on my phone.
- Start a YouTube channel. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but haven’t had the confidence to do it. However, I now feel like I have the confidence to start up it up, I just need to find the time to do it!
- To actually save a decent chunk of money. I’ve never managed to really save, but now I’m turning 22 this year I think it’s real important that I start putting away a little bit of money each month for emergencies and the future.
- Reach 5K followers on Instagram. Now, this year I’m trying not to get so caught up on how many followers I have on Instagram and care more about my engagement rate which I think is a lot more important. However, it would be really nice to reach 5K followers this year.
- Quit Smoking. I have been trying for such a long time to give up smoking, but this year I really want to do it and I feel ready to, so I am determined to pack it in.
- Go to a festival. When I was younger I used to go and see so much live music, but as I’ve gotten old I see less and less live music and I have no idea why, so this year I wanna make sure that I go to a festival, probs not a whole weekend thing as I hate camping but a one day festival would be cool.
- Take more photos with friends and family, because it’s important to have photos with the people you love.
And that’s it! Kinda annoyed I ended up with 11 goals as I think 11 is a gross number but hey 11 it is. It’s quite a lot to achieve in one year (well 10 months as it’s now the end of feb ffs) but I think I can do it, gotta stay positive and work hard and that’s what I’m planning to do!
Thank you for reading, leave me a comment and let me know what your goals for the year are!
Leave a Reply